Thursday, June 6, 2013

Jun 06 - Job Day 1 - CA Presidential Primary

Tuesday, June 6, 1972 - Page 158
LOCATION: Newport Beach & Anaheim, California

8:30 PM
Got up at 6 A.M., though I didn't get more than an hour's worth of vague sleep. Chunk and Winnie came to pick me up at 6:20 A.M., and we got to the landscape place [Amerco Industries in Anaheim] at 7:00 (Winnie drove away on failing brakes), where I met the fore man -- John Somebody; and another worker, a Chicano, 18 years old, named Rick Somebodyelse.

We all drove up to the place where we were supposed to do landscaping. We dug holes, filled them with water, cut cans trees were in, planted the trees, layed sod for the front lawn of a house, planted plants, flowers, and shrubs, and went home at 4:00, or rather went back to the landscaping place to wait for 5:30 when mom finally arrived (she had to drop the Imperial off to get it fixed). I have five and a half blisters on my left hand, and 8 1/2 on my right.

Mom, me & Chunk stopped at Carl's Jr. to take advantage of a coupla free hamburger coupons, and we ate alot. I took a bath. The Presidential Primary for California is today -- Chunk's voting for McGovern, John (a 29 year old Rep.) is voting for Ashburn (or whatevertheguy'snameiswho'srunningagainstNixon), and Mom, of course, voted for Nix.

I've gotta be at the Landscaping place tomorrow at five, and me & Chunk are going to work in Oxnard for 3 days, sleeping in a Vagabond Motel with a pool. It rained some today. Confirmation has come from Gil, and I'll be flying over [to Rapid City] whenever I want. Dad called, got me an interview for Aero[nutronic], but I declined, since I've got an income now.
O.S.B. means Order of Saint Benedict

No comments: